Sunday, January 11, 2015

WELCOME


If you've made it to this page, I appreciate you dearly. Where do I begin? Well let's just say this isn't my first blog...or my second. I began my first blog in 2008 at the age of 13 during a summer job. If you're from New York, then you've probably heard of SYEP (Summer Youth Employment Program). This is a program that provides young people with summer jobs in their community. Pretty cool right? Well, I originally HATED the job I was given. I had applied to a clothing store in Williamsburg and ended up being chosen to work for a videography company. I begged my mom to try and force the program to change my site but like any great mom, she told me to "suck it up and experience something new." Oh how I am grateful for those words today.

When I arrived at my new job, I had the biggest attitude. I did not want to work in an office and I did not want to just file papers for five hours out of the entire day. But then the magic happened. I met my supervisor and colleagues and we all began to learn what our duties would be for the next two months. My supervisor informed us that we would each have to create a blog and create content for the blog three times a week on whatever topic we were passionate about. "What is a blog," I thought to myself. I had never even heard of the word blog prior to walking into this office. Once we were all shown the basics of blogging and what we needed to do, I was head over heels. It felt as if I were meeting who I really was for the first time. Wow, a place where I could write whatever I wanted and people would actually read it around the world?  My feelings about the job instantly went from "hate" to not wanting to leave work.

Since my first blog I have had about three that all fell to the waist side due to my education (which is a great reason by the way). But now I am officially focused on being committed to my baby.

What is the meaning behind Breakfast On St. Johns?

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Not only is breakfast the most important meal, it is where you re-up on all of your energy to prepare you for the day ahead. St. Johns is the block that I grew up on in Brooklyn. "Breakfast on St. Johns" is where you will come to gain a piece of my energy, insight and ideas on fashion, lifestyle and other cool surprises to fuel you for the day.

Hope to see you all for Breakfast!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Breakfast On St.Johns | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig